This is an outside sales position selling Deepwater’s Industry leading anti-corrosion / cathodic protection products and services in the Americas. Applications that do not meet the prerequisite’s will receive no acknowledgement.
Work status requirements:
Must have proof of US work status and residency; Deepwater will not sponsor or relocate for this position.
Outside sales and regional business development for offshore cathodic protection anode systems, inspections, corrosion engineering services and other off-the-shelf product lines (TankGard Anodes and Polatrak corrosion testing probes). Technical sales support and specialized business development resources are available, but outside sales must coordinate support resources and convert leads and opportunities. Outside sales will react to assigned leads and opportunities as well as identifying and uncovering new leads and opportunities. Outside sales will get in front of clients and learn about the corrosion problems they are having. Technical sales support is available for quoting, but salespeople stay involved for customer communication and account management during quotations and projects. KPIs are outside sales activity (customer interactions), quote levels (generating quotations) and bookings.
1. Call on new and existing clients to identify opportunities
2. Generate sales by making giving presentations, generating winning proposals, preparing supporting technical documentation and representing Deepwater at industry events and meetings.
3. Coordinate with marketing and R&D to feedback market intelligence and voice of the customer
4. Provide customer service and maintain accounts.
5. Other duties as assigned
Prerequisite education & experience:
1. Education: 4 year college degree and/or at least 5 years sales experience selling in the offshore oil and gas sector or corrosion / cathodic protection sector. NACE certifications a plus. Technical background required, preferably in corrosion or cathodic protection.
2. Language: English language fluency in reading, writing, and speaking. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
3. Mathematical skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
4. Reasoning ability: Can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
5. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Salesforce (CRM).
Outside sales calls require driving, waiting in airports, etc. Otherwise, standard office environment with laptop computer
Able to lift 25 lbs. Travel may involve walking some distances carrying luggage or sales materials; also, some prolonged sitting in office. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Outside Sales" in the subject line, or call (713) 983-7117.