HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
At Deepwater Corrosion Services, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) responsibilities are integral to the way we do business. Successfully managing HSE issues is an essential component of our business strategy. Through observance and encouragement of this policy, we assist in protecting the overall well-being of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and environment.
1. Observe all applicable HSE laws and regulations.
2. Ensure management involvement in HSE matters.
3. Identify HSE risk arising from our activities and reduce them to the lowest practical levels. Our goal is to minimize impact to the environment and to prevent harm to our employees, our clients, our communities and all others who could be affected by those activities.
4. Ensure adequate training and recourses are provided so that employees can carry out their work safely.
5. Stop Work Authority (SWA); all company employees and contractors will suspend individual tasks or group operations when the control of HSE risk is not clearly established or understood.It is the policy of this Company that:
a. All employees and its contractors have the authority and obligation to stop any task or operation where concerns or questions regarding the control of HSE risk exist.
b. No work will resume until all stop work issues and concerns have been adequately addressed.
c. Any form of retribution or intimidation directed at any individual or company for exercising their authority as outlined in this program will not be tolerated.
6. Ensure work environment is free from drugs and alcohol.
Deepwater's environmental management system adheres to the new ISO 14001:2015 standard.
DEEPWATER QUALITY POLICY
Deepwater is committed to:
1. Providing services and products that consistently meet our customers’ expectations.
2. Ensuring everyone working for Deepwater is fully aware of their responsibility for quality and for ensuring all business processes that may impact upon quality are performed in a controlled manner.
3. Adopting best management practices in order to promote continual improvement of our business processes, products, and services, for the benefit of all our stakeholders.
Quality Policy requirements:
1. Understand both internal and external customers’ needs and expectations by developing robust management systems to deliver customer satisfaction
2. Define and communicate responsibility and accountability to employees who own those business processes that can impact quality
3. Identify, implement and maintain systems of control for quality critical activities to ensure effective and efficient work methods
4. Work closely with our customers and suppliers to continually develop relationships that deliver mutual benefit
5. Provide adequate resources to ensure objectives are achieved
6. Monitor and measure processes, services and products to ensure that both internal and external customer requirements have been achieved
7. Respond to quality concerns raised by our own employees, customers, contractors, shareholders and the wider public to continually improve our performance
8. Ensure the development of our employees skills by providing the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision to enable them to achieve specified requirements
9. Identify, measure, monitor and communicate Key Performance Indicators against Quality objectives and targets. The organization and arrangements for implementing this Policy within Deepwater are detailed within Corporate and Regional supporting information.
Deepwater ensures that this Policy is:
By explaining it during the employees’ initial induction program and following any subsequent changes.
By auditing Quality Management systems at regular intervals.
By conducting Management reviews to verify the continued effectiveness of the Policy.
Deepwater adheres to the new ISO 9001:2015 standard.
DEEPWATER ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Deepwater is committed to pollution prevention and environmental protection at its facility. We aim to achieve the highest standards of environmental performance in the interest of all our stakeholders, including employees, neighbors, the general public and the natural environment.
Deepwater is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local environmental legislation and regulations that may apply to our environmental aspects and impacts.
By preparing and implementing an Environmental Management System that includes policies, objectives, and targets, we will administer a continuous program designed to ensure that products manufactured at Deepwater will not compromise or damage the environment. We will strive for continuous improvement in its implementation.
Deepwater will review the Environmental Management System annually and will also review our environmental aspects register and set environmental objectives and targets accordingly.
Adequate operational procedures and emergency plans will be implemented and reviewed on an ongoing basis. We will also ensure that our employees receive adequate training in relation to our environmental policies and procedures and will review these training needs as may be required.
We are committed to continuous improvement of our Environmental Management System and will ensure that it is integrated at all levels within our organization. We will strive for ever-improving environmental performance and will be committed to protecting the environment for our employees, neighbors, and all our other stakeholders.
ACTEON GROUP LTD SUSTAINABILITY AND ESG POLICY
This Statement is intended to communicate the steps that Acteon Group Ltd has to taken and the ESG policies that the company has introduced to improve sustainability.
This statement can be found here.
ACTEON GROUP LTD AND DEEPWATER EU ANTI-SLAVERY STATEMENT
This Statement is intended to communicate the steps that Acteon Group Ltd, and Deepwater EU, have taken during their financial year ended 31 December 2020 to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not occurring in any part of their supply chains or in any part of their businesses.
This statement can be found here.