Remote Electrode Survey Kit
Deep C Meter add-on for three electrode cathodic protection surveys
Three electrode (remote) survey
With the remote electrode kit, any digital Polatrak® Deep-C-Meter™ can be converted for use in three electrode (or remote electrode) cathodic protection surveys. The Deep C Meter™ will retain all of its standard stab and field gradient functionality. In addition, the remote kit and updated Polatrak® survey software records remote electrode potentials. The kit is rated to 3000m depths, built and tested in Deepwater's Houston manufacturing facility.
What’s in the kit?
The remote electrode kit comes in a rugged, offshore storm case with all of the components and instructions to configure the Deep C Meter™ for remote survey activities.
1. Weighted remote electrode on reel (over-the-side remote)
2. Non-weighted remote electrode (TMS remote)
3. Y-Splice for adapting the remote electrode
4. Open-ended whips to connect various electrodes through the ROV, TMS or topsides MUX system.
1. Remote Electrode Kit
2. Deep C Meter™ 3000 AD with ROV-II™, EFG probe and Polatrak Survey Software
4. Suitable ROV, including at least one available copper conductor signal wire connecting the ROV to the TMS or to topsides, depending on the use case. Without this connection, remote electrode surveys may not be performed.
The Remote Kit includes a remote electrode that can be mounted on the tether management system (TMS) and wired into the MUX box on that unit. Remote readings travel down to the Deep C Meter™ unit on the ROV, where they are processed inside the pressure housing. Remote readings are sent up the umbilical in RS232 or RS485 to the survey software with the stab and field gradient data.
The Remote Electrode Kit also includes an over-the-side weighted electrode that can be wired into the ROV shack directly and trailed over the side of the survey vessel. Remote readings travel down to the Deep C Meter™ unit on the ROV, where they are processed inside the pressure housing. Remote readings are sent up the umbilical in RS232 or RS485 to the survey software with the stab and field gradient data.